I don’t know about you, but I think I have consumed more alcohol over these last couple of weeks than I ever normally do. I’m not a big drinker, but I have been loving an iced cold beer on these beautiful sunny days, and I’ve even had a go at making some cocktails.
It’s a bit odd really, as I never particularly want cocktails when I can leave the house, yet now we are in lockdown I’ve been making one everyday! I’m more of a savoury person, so I absolutely love a Bloody Mary. The first and most amazing one I ever had was in Panda & Sons in Edinburgh – you’ve got to go there!
I can see why people wouldn’t like the idea of tomato juice in their cocktail, but it’s so refreshing and a nice alternative to all the overly sweet ones out there.
I thought I’d share how I make mine. If anyone has any different ingredients that you add to yours to make it even better, I’d love to know!
This makes enough for two drinks.
- A big handful of ice – this drink has to be served cold!
- 500ml tomato juice
- 100ml vodka (still nice without as a little mocktail)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- few shakes of tabasco (depending on how spicy you want it)
- few shakes of Worcestershire sauce, or Henderson’s if you’re from Sheffield!
- 1 pinch celery salt (add more to taste – I like salt)
- 1 pinch black pepper
Mix together and serve!